mercredi 19 mars 2014

Strange little chirping/climbing/humping ritual

Hi all,



We got our boy Lil Bubs a little over a month ago and things have been going great. He's really warmed up to my bf and me and will let both of us hold/pet him. He loves playing and is very chatty most of the time. There's one thing he does that I haven't been able to find any answers on, despite reading a lot about chinchilla noises/behaviors. Apologies if this gets asked a lot!



Basically, he'll grab one of our wrists with his front paws and plant himself up against our hand like he's going to hump, but then he starts to "climb" up the wrist by shimmying his paws up and keeping purchase with little love bites. The whole time he is making this funny aggressive chittering noise, like a sped up version of his normal happy chirping. He doesn't actually hump in the same way that he occasionally humps his toys (we call him "hummingbird hips" lol), but it does seem like it may be related to humping/dominance in some way.



Is this normal? It usually happens when he is otherwise happy (i.e. popcorning around the play room, jumping on other toys and racing around) or when we're giving him skritches (just now I was rubbing his chin/chest which he loves, and suddenly his chirps changed to chitters and he started climbing up my hand out of his tunnel). Occasionally I'll try to scratch his belly when he does this because it almost seems like he's asking for a belly rub, and when I do that he just sits still and looks at me like I'm crazy. :laughitup:



Any ideas? Thanks!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire