lundi 24 mars 2014

New Chinchilla Help Please!

Hi, I'm a brand new owner of a 2-month old female Chin.



I have a few questions if any of you guys don't mind answering.







1. I know chinchillas typically don't like being held, but I seen people with chins that do, is there a way to train mine to enjoy being held?



2. She`s more active in the evening, so when I hold her in the evening she tends to not stay still and sometimes jumps out of my arms but I feel as though it`s not safe for her. Is there a way to prevent this?



3. How do I teach my chin to recognize her own name? And come if I called her?



4. How do I teach my chinchilla tricks? At what age is appropriate to start learning tricks?



5. I don't let my chinchilla run around outside of the cage yet, what age is appropriate to do so?



6. She doesn't seem to like getting scratches anywhere. When my dog was young he didn't like scratches or belly rubs but started to enjoy them when he got older. Do you think this could be the case for my chin?



7. My chinchilla only jumps onto my hand in the evening and will not come during the day time. Should I never grab her and just let her come to my hand everytime? Will this make her feel more comfortable to come to my hand in the daytime?



8. Any other tips for bonding and/or good behaviour training?



Thanks




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire