jeudi 27 mars 2014

Chin is in new home and stopped eating

I rescued this chinchilla when it was near death. Her body was just skin and bones. She warmed up to me really quickly and she gain all of her weight. She had all of her fur from the waist down ripped out when I got her and she still has small patches missing sometimes. I have now had her for five years and I decided it was time to get her to a permanent home as I have to travel for work.



I found a perfect home. This girl has a chinchilla that is almost the same age as her (5 years). She takes amazing care of her chinchilla (I visited the house a few times) and it is really healthy. Both chins are female, by the way.



At first my chinchilla was nervous but not terrified looking, which was understandable. After a while her new owner realized that she wasn't eating at all, except for her favorite treats, cashews. We both know they can't eat a lot of these so she only gets one or two a day. She is drinking a lot of water, more than usual. It has been five weeks and she still isn't eating hay or her pellets... her poops are about a third the size they used to be and she has lost a dangerous amount of weight. She went from being a little chubbier than the other chinchilla to being a lot smaller. I went on Skype to see for myself and as soon as my chinchilla heard my voice she literally went to her bowl and ate a pellet, then ate some hay!



I am going to pick her up tomorrow and take her home until she eats and fattens up again. But what am I supposed to do here?? I am not leaving for sure until Spring of 2015, but I did this ahead of time in case something like this happened. If someone could give me some advice, just know that we have lots of time to do it... I just don't know what to do! I am moving to Australia, so she can't come with me. Please help me!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire