vendredi 25 novembre 2016

Hi Everyone :)

Hi, my name is Monica. I have had a wide range of fur babies throughout my life and recently I finally purchased chinchillas. I have wanted chinchillas for over 10 years because, not only are they incredibly cute but they also have huge and complex personalities. After lots of research and time spent debating purchasing or adopting chinchillas, last year I purchased 6 month old twin brothers that I absolutely adore. They have completely opposite personalities. Remmy bonded to me immediately and is outgoing, rambunctious, smart, and brave. Chewy however took until recently to warm up to me, he is more for food and chew toys. He likes my presence and some butt rubs but other than that he is more independent. I have been looking at threads for quite some time from this forum and really should have signed up sooner. I am constantly researching their behavior and how to best care for them.
As of late though my Remmy has had a 180 in his behavior that has really stumped me. A week after his wellness vet visit (which he was perfectly healthy at) his behavior suddenly become cautious and unfriendly towards me. His weight, eating, drinking, and activity level are close to the same but he no longer wants much to do with me. His normal self would greet me at the cage door and want to bounce all over the place and climb up and down me, but now he just wants to sit at the top of his cage with his head tilted to the side slightly, almost like he is glaring. He will usually come out if I sit far from the cage in the play space but he acts jumpy and skittish if I move at all. As far as I know nothing has changed in his environment, my behavior has not changed nor has any traumatic event happened with me present, and his health when last checked was very healthy. I can't seem to find any answers for this behavior change and I would appreciate any suggestions! I love my babies and would love to correct whatever has changed. On the upside his brother Chewy has become much more friendly as Remmy has become less friendly.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire