mardi 8 novembre 2016

Elder male chinchilla in need of home (located in Mississippi)

Hello! This is my first post in this community, however I have been a long time lurker through Reddit and google. Finally decided I needed to register but I am sad that it had to be under such circumstances.

So, in the beginning of this year, my friends at a local pet store were handed an elderly ebony male from a college student who simply didn't want him anymore. This little guy spent his first 8 years of his life with this student before being brought to the pet store. Because the owners know that I have a rescue chinchilla myself that I love and care for, they decided to contact me. At the time, I thought my current partner was responsible enough to care for a chinchilla, as he seemed to be very interested in taking care of him. Over the course of our relationship however, he proved to not only be mentally unstable (not a requirement to take care of a chin, though), but not responsible enough to take care of this baby. He made the choice to move across the country without thinking in regards of his animals and thought it was ok to just shove them in a car for a 36 hour trip. So, since I feel like this is my fault, I am here to try and rehome him. I would love to have him myself, however I am traveling for about another year trying to gain experience in my career before I move to graduate school. I already have to be away from my chin, who my parents are kind enough to take care of until I take him with me to grad school, but they are reluctant to have another.

I will be returning to Mississippi at the end of November and will be staying until January or February. In the mean time, I will be taking care this chin while trying my best to slowly introduce my chin Marley to Totoro, the elderly chin. My hope is that they will get along and could possibly be cage mates but since those who are helping me with Marely are still opposed to another chin, I think the more likely option is rehoming him. While we are in northeast Mississippi, I am more than happy to travel with Totoro within some states in the southeast to rehome him.

Totoro is a very friendly little fellow. Like most chins, he is just quite shy when you first meet him. He is a very cuddly chin however (unlike my young rascal LOL) and will easily take to anyone who shows him kindness, love and treats. During his last vet appointment, he was cleared with an excellent bill of health. We are not sure how he is with other chins, but from what we observed under one circumstance, he seems to very interested when seeing another chins. I will update more on this aspect of his personality when I return and care for him.

If you are interested or know anyone that could be, please feel free to message me, or email me at izzyvilella22@yahoo.com. All I ask for is someone with proven experience with chins, and preferably someone who already owns one or more. There is no rehoming fee, unless you would like his cage. Then we can negotiate prices there. I'm not trying to make money out of this. I just want this sweet baby to have a forever home, so don't be discouraged with the cage statement. I am more than willing to help pay my ex-partner back for the cage he bought. Any other questions, please don't hesitate! Attached is a picture of Totoro after a dust bath. :)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20161108-112417.jpg (157 Bytes)


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire