mardi 1 novembre 2016

Double Ferret Nation, Fleece Liners & Bonded Pair

Hello Everyone!

I just got my two girls (a bonded pair) a few weeks ago. I pulled out my old Marshalls Folding Mansion cage from the attic for them. I didn't remember how difficult the cage is to clean!! It's a nice sized cage however the door size is small and multiple set in wire shelves (lined with fleece) as so difficult to sweep off and you have to maneuver yourself into the cage to get at them. I'm already thinking about upgrading to a Double Ferret Nation. I have been researching the cage and have a few questions...

1. Open cage vs. Keeping the middle pan: At first, I really liked the look of the "open cage" concept without the middle pan. But after reading some reviews, it seems keeping the middle pan in is safer. One of my girls is a tripod, missing a back leg from an injury (she came to me this way) .I read you can make the open concept cage safer by adding wooden shelves but I feel the middle pan would be the best option for my little three legged girl. Guess I just need some confirmation on this.

2. Bass pans: I am planning on purchasing the stainless steel pans. Right now, I think one of my girls is litter trained and the other is not... I think *lol*. I use fleece liners and have small pyrex pans for pine shavings. What depth bass pan would you recommend? Does having the bass pans & middle pan in- cut down on messes flying out side of the cage? My current cage allows for ALOT of projectiles due to the bouncy shelving. I have also purchased some wooden ledges with the "poop guards" to help with this issue.

3. Fleece Liners- Envelope/Pillow case style vs. drop in: Which style do you prefer? I like the concept of "drop in" but was unsure if this was more messy to clean.

4. Bonded Pair: My goal is to maintain the connection they have. Like I said I have only had them a few weeks and they are very bonded & loving. They currently have TWO of everything. Would moving them to a new cage so soon stress them out?

5. Cotton fabric: In my chinchilla excitement, I placed an etsy order for hidey houses. Unfortunately I overlooked the fact the seller makes the houses with some cotton fabric (not just all fleece). I spent quite a bit on these items only to have that "Aha" moment later. :banghead: I know in general cotton is a no-no fabric but is there harm in trying it out on a trial basis to see if the girls will chew on it? Has anyone had any success with their chinchilla not eating fabric? If need be, I can try and sell these items on craigslist or something.

Thank you for taking the time to read! I truly appreciate all the great advice on this forum and any suggestions/comments you have for me!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire