dimanche 19 juin 2016

URGENT - unexpected birth of 3 kits

URGENT please advise me!

My rescue chinchilla has just given birth to 3 kits. I wasn't expecting this and so have not prepared. I have out her in an indoor gp cage with her kits to separate her from my male (who has been mounting her). She is going mental in this cage and wants to be with Freddie, but their cage is too big and tall so not safe for her kits to be in. Should I leave her in the gp cage and hope she is going to settle??

I am totally freaked out by this.

Should I take her and the kits to the vets for a check or just leave them for now? I think she only had them in the 24 hours as their tails are totally straight.

i'm assuming a) that Freddie may well have impregnated her again already and b) the runt may well not survive. Is there anything I can be giving her to help keep her strength up? Thanks for any advice.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire