lundi 20 juin 2016

Picking up a chin!

I got a new chin, and she hates being held. My first chin I got over 10 years ago (and still have) grew into it but it took a couple years. This new one loves being scratched and petted and let's me feel her cute tummy, but I cannot pick her up. I was working with her and realized she will climb into my hands and on my arms but what she doesn't want is to be restrained in any way. This poses a problem as I don't know how to get her to the bathroom for play time so she can have time out of her cage. I have no problem working with her as chins are a hobby of mine, but does anyone know how I might get her to let me carry her safely to the bathroom and back? With my first chin I was stupid and inexperienced so I would chase her around the cage and snatch her so I think that may be why it took so long to get her to let me pick her up. Now I can just scoop my hand under her belly and lift her out of the cage no problem. So anyway, this new chin is very tame in one sense but in the other she absolutely freaks if you pick her up. If that's just the way she's gonna be no matter what I do I can deal with that, so if anyone has any suggestions on how to get her safely to the bathroom without stressing her out, I'd like to hear them! :)


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire