lundi 20 juin 2016

New Chinchilla!

I am going to be getting a 7 month old white chinchilla from Aces Up Chinchillas tomorrow and I'm very excited! As some of you know a while back I lost my female to Malo and soon after my male was also diagnosed with it. While I'm very sad by losing my 7 year old pair I decided things don't feel right without a chin baby around the house. I've been talking with the breeder and have made a few changes to hopefully prevent the new baby from getting malo.

I would love to hear any other changes I can make to improve my new baby's life.

I have a 3 level critter nation cage, but until we can get her settled in I'm going to have her in only one level. I use aspen bedding on the main floor with fleece covering the plastic platform.

I've got a bale of fresh horse quality Timothy hay. I've also got alfalfa/oat hay cubes, some compressed alfalfa pellets, old fashioned oats, and Un-frosted shredded wheats for treats. I'm feeding oxbow pellets as a primary diet.

For chewing I have lava rocks, loofa, willow sticks, and apple sticks.

Also it's been a while since I've had to tame a chinchilla what is the best method? Last time I just sat on the floor during play time and handed them a treat whenever they were nearby. To catch during playtime before they were tame I just left their carrier on the floor and would just close the door when they went inside.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire