jeudi 9 juin 2016

New chinchilla owner with some questions

So I have an existing bonded pair of chinchillas, I don't know their age but they've been settling in for about a month and a half and will come play with me when I open their cage; they just don't like being held/pet yet. I got a second pair of bonded chinchillas, these girls are still growing and I'm assuming are around 12ish weeks? When they first arrived, after a half a day they started dropping wet poops, some were a little too soft.. they're also not pooping as much as I see my other bonded pair. I also skipped the quarantine period, I didn't know about it until it was already too late. I did some reading and I saw it might be stress? I took their oxbox pellets out and they have an inexhaustible amount of Timothy hay with some oxbow orchard hay mixed in too. I'm wondering if they might be sick? They play/eat/drink normally... but there aren't that many droppings and some (not all) are wet.

Another thing: my older pair of chinchillas usually gets along great, but Prim seems to be a lot more vocal than she used to be(since the new arrivals). I think she's making a warning call towards Teemo? There has been no evidence of fighting that I've seen, and they still cuddle up together sometimes (sometimes they sleep separately) could this be because of the new ones?

Both pairs have plenty of food/hay (only the older ones have pellets at the moment due to wet poops from the little ones) wood chews/hidey houses/ledges and the older ones have a size appropriate wheel

Also, does anyone have any tips for me on getting them all in the same cage eventually? I have a double level critter nation that I'd like to convert into a three story and put the new ones in there.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire