mercredi 11 mai 2016

Chin Licking Surgery Wound

My Chin, Scout, had one of her toes amputated last night after my other chin bit it nearly off. The vet used sutures that will dissolve, and she is on pain meds and antibiotics. When checking on her today I noticed that she was intently licking her wound. I was unable to distract her from it, but after my repeated moving of her paw away from her mouth she gave up. I called the vet and they said that her licking (or possible chewing) could pull out the stitches or cause infection, but did not have any solution to make her stop chewing. They did not have any cones that would be small enough. She suggested fashioning a cone or covering the wound in some way until it has been able to heal. Any ideas on how to do that? I can't figure out anything that she would not be able to get out of.

Thanks for any ideas.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire