lundi 14 mars 2016

Young chin behaviour

Hi,

Well my chins Lilo, Angel and Nani have been great since Angel and Nani have their own cage and Lilo also her own cage.
Lilo is a great chin, she loves to be petted and attention.
Nani is finally getting used to me and starts to enjoy petting too.
Lilo and Nani sometimes even seek attention from each other through the bars.
The cages are far enough apart for them to be unable to touch each other.

But Angel, who is together with her mom Nani in the cage is going completely the opposite way.
She is around 14 weeks now.
When we got her together with mom at 9 weeks old she was a bit scared but accepted to be picked up and I could touch her without a problem.
They spent the first few weeks in an emergency cage as the new cage took much longer than expected after I found out Lilo and Nani do not match together.

The last few weeks I had them settle down in their new cage and gave them food, water and hay daily, and the occasional small treat 2-3 times a week.
They finally seemd to bee settled and enjoy their new large cage.

But the last days out of nowhere she starts being very dominant but not agressive to her mom.
Standing on her hind legs and chasing her for 15-20 seconds, and after that all is good again.
She makes a lot of, what seems to me, angry noises.
But on the other hand, most of the time during the day they are just sleeping and cuddling on top of or next to each other.

She does the same when I try to approach her with my hand, standing up and screaming at me...
A few times she even bit me, but not hard and no biting wounds whatsoever.

When I just keep my hand in the cage for a few minutes and am petting Nani Angel will ease up and I can give her some treats.
But she literally rips the treat out of my hand while the other 2 are so sweet with taking it from me.

Can this be something like puberty, does she need extra playtimes or is it something else?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire