dimanche 13 mars 2016

Some breeding questions

Hello, I am still a very newbie breeder and am currently trying to build my foundation herd. I hope this is the right section to post this in.

When breeding mutations back to standards what phase standards should you look for? For example I have a lovely mosaic male and am getting a female for him. The person I am getting her from says she is a medium to dark standard female. What would you get if you bred an extra dark standard to a mosaic? I understand that the difference in standard adjectives is the veiling but how does veiling affect mutations?

I am primarily interested in ebonies and mosaics right now. What phase of standards do you recommend breeding them to?

Also, how many generations for ebonies do you wait to breed back to standards?

P.S. The mosaic male was shown and received a Reserve Class Champion at ECBC Nationals. I am a new breeder but trying to do things right. All of my animals are pedigreed and have been shown,so I know they good quality to start my herd with.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire