lundi 28 mars 2016

Solitary Chin lonely? Please help me brainstorm solution.

Hello,
I have a 10-12 year old male chin that has lived alone all his life. He's had two owners prior to me, I've had him about 2 years now.

He has started calling out behavior when for nearly a year and a half I never heard hardly a peep out of him. He calls at night, while he's half asleep. During play time he sits on my window sill while my window is open and calls out into the night.

I try to give him a lot of attention and play time. His cage is in my bedroom and since I need to rest frequently I'm always talking to him or reading to him while he's awake.

I made a stuffed cuddle buddy and he won't use it. Whenever he runs across it in his cage he seems to get angry and throws it across the cage.

He has a large three level cage with ledges, chew toys, two houses, a hidey nest, hanging chew toys. He gets Oxbow pellets, timothy hay and others, organic whole rose hips and organic rolled oats for treats and about 8 chew sticks a day. His water is Poland Springs and his last check up 2 months ago shows he is healthy. His vet said not to worry about him being lonely for another chin, just make sure I spend time with him.

Also he started humping my arm or leg whenever he's out, this started a few months ago...about the same time he started getting more vocal.

Is he lonely? I really believe he won't tolerate another chin living with him. What can I do to help him?

Thanks for reading my post. :)


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire