dimanche 6 mars 2016

How often do you give Metacam?

My chin has been getting Metacam on and off for six years now. I've had it subscribed in varying dosages but the most usual ones have been 0.2ml (0.5mg bottle) and 0.4ml. One exotics vet said 0.8ml was fine.

But recently, my chin has gotten worse and he's no longer eating on his own. He's still very energic though and wants to come out and play all the time. :chin3:

I've observed that the pain-killing effect seems to wear off in the morning, and he's getting his dosage in the evening before playtime.

How often do you give your dose of Metacam to your chins? Are there any research on this, their metabolism etc? I've seen papers on dogs and cats but not chins.

I would like to improve his quality of life but I'm worried I might overdose or hurt him.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire