mercredi 18 novembre 2015

My New Chin's New House

Hello everyone. I am getting my first ever chinchilla from a breeder on December 6th. I have done so much research on chinchilla's, and I'm trying to make sure that I am doing everything right. I am going to put links to everything I am getting so that you all can look at it if you'd like and let me know if I'm purchasing something that I really should not be purchasing (or if there is something that I need that I am forgetting).

I recently purchased a Critter Nation double cage (here) which I received yesterday. I finished setting it up about 15 minutes ago (images at the bottom of this post).

Tonight I will be picking up the two metal pans with 3" sides that I ordered from Bass Equipment. I read plastic is not good for chinchillas, so I don't want to have any of that in my cage. Within a week I should have a flying saucer wheel (here - it is the 13 3/4" with wire cage wall stand).

I have ordered a water filter (here) as I was told that tap water can be harmful to chinchillas.

For food I have purchased three types of Oxbow hay (here, here, and here), and Oxbow Essentials Chinchilla Deluxe (here).

For bedding I purchased Kaytee Aspen Bedding (here). I just came across another thread where someone put tile in for flooring on both levels of their cage. Honestly, that looks really nice, and I'm probably going to end up doing that using ceramic tile.

I also purchased this container to store bedding (large container) and food (small container).

For his bath I have ordered Oxbow Poof Blue Cloud (here). As far as a bath container, do you think it would be okay for me to use a small (10 gallon) aquarium that has never been used? Or should I stick with one of those plastic bath houses that every pet store seems to endorse?

I also have some Lava Ledges (here) and some Lava Bites (here).

The only things I am really wanting to do now is get wooden shelving, and change out the wire ramps that came with the cage for some wooden ramps. For now I'll use the wire ramps (they came with fleece sleeves to put over them), but I really don't like having them.

Also, I am needing to get a little house for him to sleep in. Does anyone have suggestions on a great house/hideaway?

P.S. I'll be updating this thread with pictures of my progress. Tonight I'll be able to add pictures of the cage with the new metal pans in it.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire