jeudi 26 novembre 2015

Driving Away New Members

I definitely understand taking precautions to keep spammers out, but (and this is just my opinion) I feel like you (the site leaders) are being too cautious and potentially driving off new members who want to be an active part of this community.

I still have my posts being moderated. I get having that feature active for new members until X posts, but if you're going to have that then there really should be someone moderating those posts at least every other day. I have a post that has been awaiting moderation for the better part of a week. It's to the point that I'm starting to question if I should just give up on this site, because it's taking forever to get out of the New Member section with moderated posts.

I am not bad-talking the site, or the site leaders. I am expressing a frustration that I personally feel, and that I do not doubt others have probably felt and potentially left the site because of it.

I am getting two new chinchillas in 10 days (I am posting this on Thanksgiving, so December 6th will be the day I pick them up). All I want to do is talk about my cage, my cage setup, and my chinchillas. I don't have a solution to this frustration, because the only solutions I can think of are:

A) Do not moderate posts - this "solution" would pretty much open the floodgates for spammers though.. and;

B) Have someone (or multiple people) moderate all posts on a set schedule (e.g. Every Monday and Thursday posts will be moderated), and make sure that's stickied somewhere for new members to be aware of - this "solution" is something that is dependent on the schedule of the site leaders though, and I would think that if they were already able to do that then they would be doing that.

The only alternative solution I can come up with would be to add a couple more Moderators that can be on twice a week to cover the moderation queue(s).

I hope I haven't offended anyone with this post. I promise I am not out to point fingers, and get all of the members to gather pitchforks and raze the site to the ground. The existing members probably won't see any of this anyway. The new members are the only ones really affected by this, and if it's too difficult to be a new member they will just go somewhere else, and I (personally) feel like it is rather difficult for new members since there isn't really a set "timely" moderation of posts.

Thank you for your time everyone.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire