mardi 24 novembre 2015

Chins fighting after castration

Hi,

I have a 1 year old male chinchilla Tommy and 3 months old female chinchilla Lola. They got along great before Tommy was castrated. I hade my Tommy neutered last week. He is healing great, no problems, luckily. I have him separated from Lola and he cannot yet use a dust bath.

Because he is not used to being locked up in one story, I let him outside in the hallway, where he cannot jump on anything. I let Lola in the same room with him. All was well until Tommy wanted to mate with Lola. First she warned him to back off, and he did, but then he tried again, so she sprayed him and tried to mount him. Usually that was no problem, but now Tommy also got up, sprayed urine on her and lost some hair. He was obviously freighted or annoyed, I do not know, but this is the first time he did that.

Is it normal that chins do not get along after castration. I do not know when to try to put them together again. I do hope they will get along again, because before castration they were best friends. Did anyone had the same problem and when would it bi ok to try and get the back together in the same room and cage? Thank you.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire