mardi 24 novembre 2015

Are there any 'softer' pellets for chinchillas?

Hi,

A few months ago my chinchilla stopped eating his favourite pellets (Science Selective Chinchilla). I noticed how he had trouble eating them because he left a lot of crumbles after his meals and he reached with his paw to his mouth. He was diagnosed with malocclusion 10 years ago (he's 13 years old) so I know it's serious, but he's so energic and I don't want to put him down when he's happy and playful like this.

I'm feeding him mixed pellets with water, from a plate. Around 3 times a day. He's always hungry though and gets stressed when I walk past the cage, like he wants me to feed him.

Are there any softer pellets out there I could try so I don't have to mix them with water? I'm giving him a supplemental food (Complete Crock Chinchilla & Degu) which are softer and he loves that, but I'm guessing they're more like treats.

Any ideas? Thanks a lot for reading!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire