samedi 9 juillet 2016

Possible new chin owner

Hi everyone.

My name is Trish, and I am contemplating getting a chin. I have wanted one for eons, but since I used to live in a condo that got too warm, it wasn't really an option for me. I am in house now, and was thinking about rescuing a local chin who is about 5 years old. They *think* it's a male. (I take that to mean it's never been vetted or they would know for sure.)

I would have to keep the chinchilla in the basement, at least in the summer months. It has a finished room that he would be in. Being that it's summer, and a hot one at that, the basement is really the only option. I keep the temp in the house at 73, but the back bedroom where I had planned on putting him gets up to 78 degrees, so I know that is out. Anyway, I put a thermometer in the basement, and the highest it has gotten is 69 degrees with 59% humidity. I think the humidity is a bit high. What do you think?

Also, I'm a little concerned that he would be all alone most of every day, with play time of hopefully about an hour each evening. (I have a very long work day, so I may not get to do more than a half hour.) I just feel bad that he would be so isolated for 23 hours a day - that would really be 4 days a week, when I'm commuting to work. The other 3 days I could spend more time with him.

Should I take the plunge, or pass on him? I know it is a huge responsibility, so I want to do the right thing.

Thanks for your advice! Much appreciated :)

Trish


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire