mardi 5 juillet 2016

New Chin owner from NY and new to here

Hey everyone,

I got my chinchilla about a month and a half ago from a rescue. I don't know too much about them yet, but i'm doing my best to learn as much as I can. I really just know the basics like dust baths, food, toys, snacks, outside play time, etc. I'm wondering if anyone knows any good reusable cage liners I could use to line his cage. I have the Prevue Hendryx 485 cage (with 2 layers) and at first I tried using the fleece but I hate seeing the poop and when I would vacuum it with the hand vacuum the fleece would lift up too so I would constantly have to pull it down when I was vacuuming it. Then I tried using the foam pads that are for kids in their play room, but he chews on it, as far as I can tell he doesn't eat it since the pieces are all over but I don't want to risk him getting sick so I took it out. If you know of any cage liners (preferably solid) that I could use I would really appreciate it. I was thinking of something like a tile material but lighter, but i'm worried about when he pees, is it bad for him to be stepping in his pee? I'm a college student so i'm not in my apartment all day. I am in the house every few hours, and all night of course but i can't clean his pee immediately.

Thank you in advance.

Cage: http://ift.tt/29iWtf7

example of foam pads i use to line cage: http://ift.tt/29iX2W1


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire