dimanche 3 juillet 2016

Paranoid owner- introducing chinchillas?

I've had my boy Buddy for about 8 months now, he's a little over a year old. He's always been very curious, if he's in his play pen and one of my friendly cats come near the pen, he always runs over to the cat (he's held back by the pen of course) and acts like he just wants to play.

So, we recently got him a brother (Meeko) who is 10 weeks old. We've slowly been getting the two to smell each other, doing things such as swapping their blankets, letting buddy sniff Meeko's cage, etc. Meeko has always reacted by making tiny happy squeaks, though I haven't heard Buddy make a sound yet.

So earlier today while buddy was having his play time, I let him go up to Meeko's cage to sniff him. They both went up to the wire on the cage and started sniffing at each other's noses. It seemed like Buddy was either biting the wire, or nipping at Meeko. Meeko never squeaked like he was in pain, didn't draw blood, and didn't even run away from Buddy, he would just jump then go back to sniffing his nose.

Is this okay behavior? I don't want Buddy to be hurting Meeko, and buddy had repeatedly done this every time I tried to get them to meet. Can someone help me out?? Maybe have a better way to get them to meet??


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire