dimanche 26 février 2017

Newbie questions

I just picked up my first new chinchillas tonight, I've been doing as much reading as I can and still have a few questions, I'm sorry if they are stupid or obvious questions.

First, after moving the chins to a new house I know it's best to let the settle in before play time or too much interactions, but should I still offer dust baths inside their cage in the mean time?

Second question, the cage that I got them in has just a plastic tray on the bottom (I replaced it with a sheet of melamine) but at the moment there is no lip or guard around it. As far as I know they have always been using just fleece on the bottom with no bedding, should I continue with just the fleece, or see if they would use a litter pan with bedding? I could even build something with a guard on it, just don't want to build something if it's not going to work. What has everyone else had success with?

Again sorry for the possibly stupid questions. You guys are all amazing for helping us newbs :):)

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire