mardi 14 février 2017

Advice needed on treats & motivation

Hi all!

My chin has been with me for a few months now and he's gotten very comfortable. I think we've bonded nicely and he seems very trusting of me. When I first got him, I was trying to follow the rules on treat-giving and ended up chasing the poor little guy around to try to get him back into his cage because I wasn't enticing him with a treat. After realizing I was just scaring him, I started giving him a treat to get him back into his cage and things went back to happy times.

Now I feel like the indulgent parent who is spoiling their child..!

My questions:
1) How do you get your chinchilla to re-enter his cage without a treat?
2) Is it okay to give dust baths as often as you want? I live in a relatively humid environment where, even with a dehumidifer running constantly, the humidity hangs out around 55-60% all the time, so I've been giving dust baths liberally. I've read too many can be too drying though. How will I know?
3) Are there things you can feed your chinchilla that are like treats, but that are safe to be given twice a day? Do oats count in that category?

Thanks for the help!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire