samedi 18 février 2017

How can I get her to let me hold her?

Hi Ya'll,

My sweet baby Ellie, my chinchilla, I have had for about going on three years now. She started out with my aunt and I know was terrorized because my aunt had about five dogs in the house too. So now I have the joy of being able to have her and she has been with me and I have tried to hold her but she absolutely does not like it. IF and I say IF lol I can get a hold of her I have to hold her very close to me or else she would get away. The odd thing is she is totally used to me. I have her so spoiled when I sit in my chair and eat she knows its snack time. I let her run out to get exercise and she will come right close to me where as before she didn't. She nibbles and tastes on my arm and fingers, if I have some fruit snacks in my hand she will put both front paws on my hand while eating, she will come right up to my noise and sniff, and I even tried this thing I saw online to see if she would do it. I read where some chinchillas will take food out your mouth (I know sounds weird lol) but I give her these pretzels from Petsmart that she LOVES and so they are long enough and I just hold it in my teeth and she comes right up and takes it. So my question is, is there something I can still try to maybe get her to let me hold her? Or is it possible maybe she just doesn't like it? I have read that somewhere as well, that some just don't like to be held. :hmm:


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire