mardi 28 février 2017

A bonded pair playing together - what does it look like?

I was just wondering if people who have happily bonded pairs could share what their playtimes with both their chins together looks like? I am sure every chin is different so it varies quite a bit, but I'm just trying to get a good idea of what is normal/not normal as my chins (and I) are still getting the hang of playtime.

From what I understand chinchillas are herd animals and live in social groups. So what does 'playing' with another chinchilla consist of? I know the warning signs of too much chasing, fur pulling, and biting; but do 2 chinchillas ever playfully chase and stand on their hind legs sort of like how dogs might? Or does 'playing' really only include the nose-touching, grooming, and snoozing together?

We had a playtime this evening and they were extremely excited and hyper. Both seemed to be having a very good time - lots of wall surfing and the more outgoing one was popcorning. But towards the end there was some chasing, a bit of humping, and lots of peeping noises. They didn't sound like aggressive noises - definitely not kacking or barking. Just to be safe, I got one of them back into his carrier. The other one kept poking his noise into the carrier through the bars. They nose-touched, and kept on peeping to each other. Are they just excitedly chatting?

I just want to get a sense of how happily bonded chinchillas play together. Any stories would be appreciated!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire