dimanche 26 février 2017

New Chin on Antibiotics

I'm a new chin owner so I'm already easily spooked but here's my story.

Two weeks ago my chin, Esper, got a toe stuck in a part of his cage (which has now been sealed to prevent further accidents) but he tore the nail badly and it bled a bit. I set up an appointment the next day, but the earliest I could get out of work for a visit was a week later. So last Tuesday I brought him in and other than a little infection he was in great health so I was prescribed an antibiotic (which I will update when I get back home to check).

He hates taking it and is now very afraid of me holding him or being out of his cage, which I expected, but he seems to be eating and drinking very little and I'm really concerned about it. His toe is less inflamed but still red and he's supposed to take it for another 10 days but I'm worried if he stops eating he'll be worse off than if the infection is left alone.

He's only about 8 months old but I love him dearly and just want to do right for him. I already browsed the forum and will be cleaning up the sticky medicine residue on his fur from struggling to avoid the medicine tonight with baby wipes and such.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire