samedi 2 mars 2019

Pyometra

Hi everyone

It’s been a long an emotional week!! My chin has been diagnosed with open Pyometra! She’s almost 10 years old and I’m very worried about her getting spayed. She currently is not a good candidate for surgery because she lost weight due to not feeling well.
I have been instructed to give antibiotics (enrofloxacin) pain meds (gabapentin) has drops (infant gas drops/Simethicone) fluids and assist feed for 2 weeks so she can gain weight.
Has anyone had experience with a Pyometra clearing up with antibiotics? Or has anyone had to spay their older chinchilla. My Chip is a fighter and isn’t one to give up easily, but it worries me to do surgery.
I’m also worried about waiting 2 weeks with this infection and the vet told me if the discharge stops then it’s a closed Pyometra and it’ll be time to worry. But could there be a chance if it stops that the infection goes away?
I trust my vet but I feel like if I don’t do all the research I can then I’m not being a good momma. My vet has her experiences but they deal with multiple exotics. At least on here everyone is a chin expert or have had plenty of experience with chinchillas.
Any advice or questions I should be asking my vet would be so appreciated!!
Thanks!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire