jeudi 14 mars 2019

Getting My Chinchilla a Mate

Hey guys,

I have a male (6 years old) chinchilla named Bean. Over these years I have really grown to love him and I don't want to think of a future without him (I know that sounds cheesy). I got him by himself and then I introduced him to another male (2 years older) chinchilla and Bean was usually aggressive to him in the cage and I ended up separating them sometimes. They were fine running outside the cage though. Bean's brother unfortunately passed away almost 2 years ago, but I was wondering if in the future (maybe 2-4 years down the line?) if you guys would think introducing Bean to a rescued female chinchilla would be okay? I would want them to have babies so then I always have little Beans running around. Afterwards I would get Bean neutered so then he wouldn't be able to have any other babies and if his offspring are males I would get them neutered too. Do you think that this would be okay to do? My concern is that Bean and the female (and possibly the kids) would fight and I wouldn't want to separate them. Thank you for any information you give me!!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire