samedi 16 mars 2019

One of my boys has malo - how advanced?

I took him to the vet because his eyes looked a bit weepy. I adopted him two months ago and noticed he doesn't really eat hay, so I suspected teeth issues. He was diagnosed with an abscess. A few days later he stopped eating and drinking. Took him to emergency vet, given painkillers and Critical Care, booked in for an xray. He had his xrays done yesterday and unfortunately he has malocclusion. However the vet wanted to speak to another vet with more experience in this area, but he isn't back until Monday.
I know malo is basically a death sentence. But I could really use some more experienced advice regarding how far along it is, and if Charlie could have a while longer with treatment, or if it's kinder to let him go. None of my chins have had this before so I really don't know.

Images are here (they're too big to attach)

https://i.imgur.com/syUqqo0.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Ly9HWKw.jpg

I'd just like to ease my mind either way. Thank you.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire