mardi 26 mars 2019

New Baby Chin RELENTLESSLY Trying to Escape Cage at Night

Hi all, my girlfriend and I recently adopted a 2 month old baby chin girl. I keep her in my room and I'm having a bit of a problem.

At night while I'm trying to sleep, she tries nonstop to escape her cage. The bars are to small for her to fit through so she just chews and pulls on them all night. Since the cage is metal, it's extremely loud and I'm not able to sleep.

I've had many nocturnal animals before in my room and I've never had an issue. I'm a very heavy sleeper, but the noise she makes in VERY loud.

Some points:

- There's plenty of things for her to do/chew. There's about 4 chew toys and some tunnels, hideaways, and ledges.

- I put up a 4 inch tall border of pine wood around the entire cage to encourage her to chew that instead of the bars, but she just climbs on top of her house and chews the bars from there.

- I'm mostly worried about her hurting herself while I'm sleeping. She is really aggressive about getting out.

- I know a solution could be more playtime, but I read that I shouldn't play with her until shes 6 months old. I've only been taking her out and holding her for 5-10 minutes a day as recommended online.

Any comments or suggestions would help, thanks!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire