vendredi 1 avril 2016

Pervue Hendryx 490 Corner Cage

Hey all,

I'm an old timer from the early days of the forum, back to pick the collective brain of you awesome chinchilla lovers. You can see my back story here, but the relevant information is I have two senior-ish chins who have had the same three-tier Ferret Nation cage for a loooooooong time. A LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time. They're in two separate sections, with the third used for storage, and after so much time the cage has seen an understandable amount of wear. (I will say that I fully believe I got my money's worth and then some out of both the cage components AND the bass pans I've had since I switched to a FN many years ago).

I was cruising Amazon (like ya do) and came across this thing: The Prevue Hendryx 490 Corner Cage.

I searched the forum and the internet at large for more detailed information about it, ideally some reviews that compare it alongside the FN, but have come up relatively dry. Some reddit info, some useful Amazon comments, but largely nothing compelling to justify spending so much more on this cage than a new FN on sale.

Here's where I'm stuck: The cage I've used forever and swear by is the FN 142 (and 143). These are discontinued in favor of what I hear is a snap-together version? The 182 and 183. I've found about as much "142 vs 182" comparison info as I've found between Ferret Nation cages and the Hendryx 490. I just don't know which way to go. The corner design is very elegant, and with two side by side they could be very fun vertical space for my separated boys. But the limited access through the small doors would be a huge adjustment, considering how accustomed I am to having full-front cage access for cleaning and hanging wheels.

Is it true that the newer FN cages have structural issues? I've heard horror stories about the ceiling grate coming loose and falling through the cage. But the Hendryx is no clear winner either as I've seen reviews that the latest version of it has large gaps around the lower pan.

I just can't figure out what to do, and my FN142 is slowly falling apart.

Little help?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire