mardi 26 avril 2016

Chin Freezes up, Unresponsive during play time

I have a male and female chin, plus two female babies, one month old! (yay!) But I'm a little worried. I know Chins sit in their daydreams a lot, but last night my male chin really scared me. I was putting their bridge back into their cage for playtime and I think I may have scared him a bit because the bridge hit the side of the cage a few times. He freaked out at first, but then he and the female just froze. Neither would respond to petting or talking or anything, they just stayed frozen. After about two minute the female snapped out but the male remained frozen for nearly ten minutes. I shut the lights out, and about 3 minutes later he started making alarm calls. It didn't sound like barking exactly but it was loud and sound almost like child's cry. I've heard them make it before when they are playing around, but he did it loudly and repetitively until I turned on the like and started talking to him. A few minutes later I turned out the light and he started again. He still hadn't moved from his spot, but he didn't appear frozen anymore. Should I be worried? I have not had my chins for very long and I have never heard the noise like that before.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire