mardi 5 avril 2016

Normal pee color?

So after searching online for an answer, I've found that many people have many different variations of what a normal color for chinchilla urine is. I've never really paid much attention to the color until now, due to the fact that we've changed to a fleece liner. Pip has been to the vet and nothing was of concern to her. He's eating, drinking and pooping just fine. I'm just so paranoid that he's getting a hair ring. I know I've posted before about hair ring. I'm just extremely paranoid and feel like I notice what he's doing more often than not. I'm home all day every day. Before we were just using paper bedding, so I could never tell the color of his pee until it dried. He's not spending an excessive amount of time grooming himself or licking his penis area or anything like that.

How many times a day should a chinchilla pee? What exactly is normal? His pee, seems to be a light yellow. I've read that light yellow is normal, and I've read that dark yellow to almost brown is normal and that light color is bad. He's not drinking excessively either, and the temp is no more than 72 degrees in the home at all times.

I just stopped typing for a second to look over and he's grooming his penis, looks like he had a hair ring but got it off completely. Looks like I'll have to fight him in a bit to check again! Insight is appreciated. :)


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire