mercredi 7 juin 2017

Very angry chin

About two months ago I took in two more chins, a male and female (Female from a breeder, male is a petshop pet). I was so excited because the female was my first chocolate chin. They both seemed super sweet during the car ride home and even the first evening but days later the female became more and more aggressive to me. I couldn't even touch the male without her rampaging through the cage and when I separated them, she still was aggressive.

I thought this aggression was just over the cage and her cage mate but she will attack me anywhere. She bites for blood and while I wear leather gloves to handle her, she will dive bomb and bite my arm while i'm reaching in to feed them. She has bitten through my thumb nail, bruised and bloodied my arm while trying to feed her and will bite like crazy when I have the gloves on.

I have tried everything. I don't corner her (The best I can), I don't put her down when she bites and ignore it, I try to feed her by hand to gain trust but she won't eat it (I mean nothing, not even the tastiest snack), The only "Punishment" i've given her was a me blowing in her face to make her let go of my thumb and that's it. I've tried to pair her with another chin but she's attacked and drawn blood so i've given up on that.
She acts like she wants to be pet and loved on, sits at the cage bars waiting for me but when I try to, she'll bite me and not like she's looking for a snack like my other chins.

I'm at wits end here, I've had chins for over 12 years now and this is all a first for me. I feel like she was abused or something with the way she acts. Does anyone have any ideas or will she just be a forever biting chin?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire