mercredi 14 juin 2017

Sick Female Chinchilla?

Hi everyone! I have recently adopted some chinchillas, we first started with 1 2 year old chinchilla, I've done TONS of research before taking her in and since she was housed with other chinchillas we felt bad for separating them so about 1 month later after that (which was 1 week ago) we got 2 more females approximate aged 6 or 7. We had only planned to get 1 additional one but we got 2 instead because they were sisters. Well, now the 2 sisters get along but our first one doesn't. They will fight with fur flying everywhere and our first one got bit and bled some. So we caged them separately but try to keep them close together so they can see and smell each other. We also swap them into each other cages so they eventually will get adapted to being in the 1 big one all together. This has been a week now and they still don't get along and now one of the sisters isn't acting as hyper as she has been since we got her. THIS POTENTIAL EMERGENCY is starting to worry me because she is sleeping all day AND night (they are nocturnal) and usually doesn't like to be cuddled or picked up and as you can see in the photos she is totally the opposite now. Her ears and tail are no longer perked up. She is also making a squeeking noise almost like a sneeze which is different but if there is any advice out there on pairing them and their activity/thus situation please let me know! Thanks so much for reading this!

PS she is now lethargic to where she can barely move. I've been trying to give her Critical Care but she stopped wanting to take that now at 5:30AM. She's maybe had a teaspoon tonight. I am afraid to go to bed as i don't want to wake up to her leaving us :(

I keep them in a 3 story cage, I let them roam around and explore under supervision. I give them Ox Bow pellets and fresh water, I clean the cages once per week as I use fleece liners and provide plenty of chew toys and attention. What went wrong??

No budget really for a vet at this point in time :( Help please!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire