jeudi 8 juin 2017

Can I buy hay bales off Craigslist for my chins?

Hi all,

I notice a lot of people are selling bales of timothy hay, both first and second cut, on Craigslist. They're about $5-7, so very inexpensive compared to what I see in stores. I'm also assuming they're pretty big. Should I pick up a bale to try out?

If it's ok, what precautions should I make so the hay is safe for the chins?

My chins had been fed Charlie Chinchilla feed from their previous owner, and I switched them to hay and pellets. The first bag that I got(and is still going through) isn't very good quality, but they were still very excited when they started eating hay. They're not pampered to 'best quality hay' and that stuff, not yet. So I'm not sure if that will matter in comparison of my chins being picky on new types of hay.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire