samedi 10 juin 2017

New Chinchilla Dad

So I have been researching and doing my homework on chinchillas for a long time but I never got a chance to bring one home. I work as a foster volunteer for a parrot rescue for many years now and today someone brought in a pair of birds along with a chinchilla! They claim they bought him from Petsmart a few months ago but since they are moving out of the country unexpectedly they can't bring any of their pets. We got him in to see our exotics vet for a check up and he appears to be in good health. His cage isn't the best but I replaced everything inside that was plastic or material with fleece and safe wood. He is eating oxbow pellets and timothy hay. Can I get some tips for earning this little guys trust? I figure I will give him a few days to settle in before I start trying to interact with him apart from talking.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire