jeudi 22 juin 2017

Breaking pellets into chunks - not powder

Hello all,
I haven't posted here in a while since I first got my chin. He is now 3.5 years old roughly and in the past 3-5 days has developed a weird new behaviour that I am beginning to worry may be malo.
I feed Science Selective Chinchilla pellets (UK) and suddenly he has started to break them into little chunks. I've been weighing the bowl and he is still eating, but leaving behind lots of little chunks (not powder) roughly .5cm across. I wasn't sure if it was just the pellets so I just gave shredded wheat and he has done the same thing - he breaks it into small pieces and then eats them, leaving some behind. I'm starting to worry this is malo, but he is still eating hay and food, still chewing and is generally happy in himself.
My only other idea is that it might be due to the heat - we've been having 28-30C heat in the UK and our houses don't have A/C. I've been putting a small A/C unit by the cage which helps, but obviously I think he is still uncomfortable. When it's hot, there are a lot more chunks left behind (although it might be a coincidence).
I'm preparing myself to go see the vet but wanted to get some opinions here first.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire