dimanche 7 mai 2017

Wood Shelving Query

I've done a lot of searching about wood shelving in chinchilla cages as it is very difficult in the UK to get the right type of pine etc. I know that spruce is very much debated but I've heard that when kiln dried it is perfectly fine to use as shelving. My question is whether this type is acceptable http://ift.tt/2pnQs3h. The title says whitewood but the description lists it as spruce. It is untreated and kiln dried!

Another question I have is about the hole between the two sections of my Liberta Explorer second edition. The ridge surrounding it is quite deep and I was wondering if this could be a problem for the chinchillas? Also (I'll attempt to attach pictures) but where the ladder would attach are two holes and I'm worried the chinchillas could catch their legs when they jump down the hole. Any thoughts about how I could cover this up?

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I'm so excited to get them into their new cage but think it's gonna take me ages to get them there! As a side note if anyone in the UK knows of a good place to get cheap fleece please let me know!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire