mercredi 31 mai 2017

Chinchilla Squabbles

Hello,

I have a question regarding my two chinchillas who I introduced in Feb 2017. They were quarantined, given play time, introduced slowly etc. They were doing great up until this point.

Momo is an approximately 5 year old female mosaic and Cocoa came from Petco, unsure of age, she is a tan female. I adopted Momo from craigslist and she lived a solitary life previously. Cocoa is very interested in Momo and wants to be near her and cuddle a lot. Recently, Momo has been nipping Cocoa's tail. She does not latch on but a quick nip enough to make Cocoa bark. Cocoa does not retaliate or chase. Momo appears to act like a bratty older sibling; like "Get out of my way, No I get the treat first, I want that..." and so forth.

I know Chinchillas can just decide they no longer like each other but I'm wondering does this action on Momo's part warrant a separation?

FYI- A little background info: No blood has been shed, thank goodness. They still sleep together on an occasion in the same shelter. They are in a double ferret nation and have: 2 food dishes, 2 hay dishes, 2 water bottles, 2 fiddle stick shelters, 1 chinspin, chew sticks, lots of leaping wooden ledges ...basically living the chin life. :thumbsup:

Thanks for any input, I am prepared to separate if I have to.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire