lundi 29 mai 2017

Few questions about my 11 weeks old chin

Hi,

I finally got my little cutie from the breeder, he's turned 11 weeks today. I named him NoteBook (I know, it's strange eh lol). Given this is my first time owning a chin, I thought I'd ask if the behavior I observe is quite normal.

Although he's 11 weeks old, I do let him out to play since his cage is still not fully decorated and he (I think) gets bored sometimes. I've had him for 5 days now and I think we're bonding well. When I let him out he runs and jumps around, he'll do that for 15 minutes or so and then retrieves back to his bed and fall asleep or sometimes will fall asleep on the lava ledge or wood shelf in his cage. Do you think his just tired from all the bouncing around? But could he over exhaust himself to the point it gets him sick or something? He naps for few minutes and then begin the bouncy journey all over again, lol. The reason why I let him out is because the breeder said I can for 10 minutes, but he rattle his cage or try to squeeze through the bars as asking to be let out. Do you guys think I should ignore this behavior? I was told on this forum not to let him out until his 6 months old, but I worry about him getting bored since his toys will arrive in mid June. I'd appreciate your thought on this.

He's more than adorable, he's got me hooked already haha. I think we're bonding well, but he's still nervous and a little anxious. The signs I notice is that he comes to me when I hand him a hay/pellet as a treat. He either takes it and eat it close to me or retrieves with it back to his shelf. When I call out his name or talk to him he comes out (this mostly happens when his active at night). He still doesn't let me scratch his or reach to grab him, yet. I always back off if he wince. He likes to use me as a tower or elevator at night. He's mostly engaging with me at night, during the day however I have to tip toe around him.

I also noticed when he's out playing, he'll come and nibble my feet or hands, climb on top of me. He bit my toe it pierced the skin and blood came out lol when he was playing, luckily he went back to playing and didn't bit that hard again.

If you guys think I shouldn't let him out, what are other ways to keep him interested until his toys arrive?

I apologize for writing too long.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire