mercredi 24 mai 2017

Blood, ouchies, and skinned mouth?

Today approx 20 minutes into playtime, my sister(who was watching my the chins) notified me that one of the chins had a bloody mouth and paw after she itches her moth. I checked her out right after, and found the crack of her two cheeks or lips and some of the skin around it seemed to be skinned and bleeding. From running around, maybe?? Her paw fur was covered in blood. The blood stopped bleeding and clotted itself a bit after. My chinchilla herself acted like normal. I read some articles online about it, and they said that i shouldn't clean the wound, give dust baths. I did clean the place to prevent infections, and to give her plenty of rest. I cleaned the cage the best I could at 11pm, gave them new hay, water, pellets, chew toys, hiding place, and bedding. Is there anything else I should do? Anyone know how long it might take to heal? I've included some pictures I took.

Thanks everyone!

PS... If possible, please let me know how to get rid of old blood on paw fur please 😊

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170524_005735.jpg (94.1 KB)
File Type: jpg 20170524_005946.jpg (157 Bytes)
File Type: jpg 20170524_005846.jpg (157 Bytes)


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire