vendredi 2 décembre 2016

Very new and looking for advice.

Hello! I'm beruset and my wife and I just adopted two chinchillas that were in a University behavior study. I think they're about 3 years old, and they spent those first three years individually housed in small wire cages. Since we've adopted them less than a week ago, a lot has changed for them. They're currently still housed separately in larger cages than they're used to, but still not quite as big as they need. We're doing research daily to make sure we're handling this properly, but of course info from other owners would be very helpful, especially if any of you have experience with rehoming research animals.
My main concern is that they are both hiding all the time, and not eating much. Our dog is curious and goes up to their cages a lot, which I'm sure isn't helping. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, and thanks for reading! I love that communities like this exist :)


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire