mardi 27 décembre 2016

New Chinchilla Own

Hi all

My Chinchillas name is Zoe and she is very friendly. Does not like to be picked up but she runs all over me if I lay down on the floor in her cage play penand nibbles my ear. :)

Zoe and I know each other from my pet store She was friendly on the spot when she came in. The company they are not the best place to find chinchilla supplies even though the sell chins. I have giving my special vet a stool samples to test. since I question the pet supplier we currently use.

I searched the web for information on chinchillas and found this forum and I have read many posts before joining. I purchased The chinchilla
handbook by Sharon Vanderlip DVM. It was helpful in some ways not all my questions were answered.


What was not covered in the chinchilla handbook is my questions I need to ask.

-nuts can chins have these my vet said sunflower seeds but I want to only give her what is good for her.

-wood there is some contradictions to what type is safe in my searched but all I can find is poplar here anyway. I needed this for her cage door since it was wire I covered it in poplar so she could have a ramp to the cage.

-I need to find twigs for her to chew she like chins only chews off the bark and I think she is eating it that okay something smaller would be harder to chew the bark off suggestions?

Thanks

D


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire