samedi 10 décembre 2016

Improper care of chinchillas!!

My fifteen-year-old daughter is in 9th grade and has animal science. A family donated a cage with two chinchillas to the science class. My daughter has showed me pictures and the cage I personally wouldn't even house one chinchilla in its small, has a wire bottom and there's no running wheel. The poor chinchillas are so stressed that they are chewing their fur and missing patches of fur. I recently upgraded to a double stack ferret Nation and offered to donate my old cage which is like 3-4 times bigger then the tiny cage their in! Apparently the teacher rolled her eyes at my daughter when she showed the teacher a picture of my set up and my offer of donating a larger cage. I work for a pet supply store so I have donated different items to the class like Apple sticks, and chew toys. Which the teacher has apparently refused to give the animals. So the poor little guy have nothing in there cage to chew. The kids just reach in and grab them they stick them in balls to run around in. I guess at least there getting some exercises but from what I understand the balls are bad for the chinchillas. I'm sorry I'm venting but I'm very bothered by this and not sure what or if there's anything I can do. Thanks for listening.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire