lundi 12 décembre 2016

Smelly chinchillas

Hello,

My friends cousin has to get rid of her 2 chinchillas. They are super cute, ages 4 and 2 and they're father and son. She brought them to my house today to introduce us and they smelled so bad! She said sorry they're dirty I need to bathe them. Well, dust baths to my knowledge are not for scent they are for removal of dirt and oils. They smelled like poo. So badly that the smell of poo stuck to my hands and shirt after holding them and they also had some clumps of hair come off on my shirt. She didn't bring their cage but told me she uses fleece lined cage so I was wondering if that could be the cause? She also said she feeds them table food which made me even more so nervous. I want some chinchillas but how can I remove the smell from them? And should I be worried they are sick or is it most likely lack of cleaning cage? Any advice would help. I have not taken them yet so I don't know if it would be better to go buy my own at a young age, then again I feel bad if these chins aren't properly cared for!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire