mercredi 7 septembre 2016

Cross Country Traveling - Advice please

Hi!

I plan on moving cross country at the end of the year from Ohio to California. I won't be stay at hotels, but I will be staying with family between states. I was wondering...
  1. What would be an appropriate carrier for long distance travel? I have a small cat carrier I use for vet trips, but I've heard I should look into something different.
  2. How should I have his carrier prepared? What should I line it with, how should i monitor food/water intake so he's not sitting in a soiled carrier for the whole trip?
  3. Would it be worth purchasing a "starter cage" so he has some leg room when we stop at relatives homes for the night? I'm thinking he could be more comfortable than being stuck in a carrier for the entire trip.

I know for a fact traveling doesn't stress Cooper out. Just like my guinea pigs as soon as that car is moving he's out cold. But this will be my first major move with caged pets and I want to make sure he's taken care of when we move.

Also opinions please; my aunt has been telling me when I move cross country, to look into having my things shipped on a pallet (think like UPS). It is cheaper, and I have considered it (just haven't gotten a quote yet). But I was wondering... the cage. Should I ship it, or have it strapped to the roof of my car? I have a Prevue Hendryx 485 Pet Products Feisty Ferret Home cage. Putting it together was a hassle, and I don't want to tear it down. I considered selling it but I think it would be a hassle to sell it and set up another cage :hilarious:


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire