jeudi 4 décembre 2014

blind chin?!

Hi all. I was concerned about my 1 and a half year old female chinchilla. I've had her since she was 4 months. Lately i've noticed one of her eyes are gray? Not FULLY but a good portion is gray.. I don't know why. It's her left eye. The other seems perfectly fine.

Her eyes are usually red/brown. I'll attach some pictures. My mom and brother both pointed it out. Then I knew it wasn't just me being paranoid. She acts fine. Eating, drinking, etc. Once when she was eating her hay with her grayish eye on the side where I was. I walked towards her not really making any noise. At the time I didn't think anything was wrong even though it was gray. So I didn't make sure she knew I was there or anything. So I went right up to her cage and tried to give her a scratch as usual. When I did that she kinda freaked out for a second and ran to the other side of the cage. That is quite odd for her. She doesn't do that often. After a second she calmed down when she saw it was me, and let me scratch her.. Just wondering if I should be worried? Even if she WAS blind would I have to do anything differently? I've been taking care of her the same way for over a year. Someone help :( :help:




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire