dimanche 14 décembre 2014

Chin becoming distant

Hello all! I'm Brooke from GA.



I am a first-time chin owner. I am the proud mom of Scritchy, a 1 year-old standard gray male. He was 4-5 months old when I bought him from a pet store. I know, not the greatest, but I did my homework on the place that raised him, and it seemed like a pretty good operation, as far as those go. Scritchy came decently socialized--seemed used to humans. He was nervous the first few days, but he let me start petting him soon after...would even come when I called.



That fur baby is the light of my life. I know that a lot of chinchillas aren't big on cuddling or being held. He still doesn't like me holding him, it seems, but he's let my b/f and a vet tech hold him, and he stayed pretty calm. At first, I took Scritchy into my room for bonding/playtime, and he became more affectionate, sat on my shoulder, and came to me more when he was out of the cage.



He's had the ability to roam the house (supervised), and now, that's all he wants to do, and he protests if he's confined to the bedroom with me. He still lets me pet him, but it's on his terms, and it's becoming less frequent (unless he's bribed with a treat). Have I messed up? What can I do? He's also just hit puberty, in case that has anything to do with it.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire